F1 Out of Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Out of Status

If somebody is out of status on an F1 Visa, I've been told that an application for reinstatement can be made. If this application is done, does NEW financial proof need to be submitted? That means a bank account with about 20K needs to be shown? What can be done if I don't have this?

Thanks.

GO HOME! And you are all done!!!

All the best!!!!

Comment

Have you received official USCIS or ICE notification that are out of status? If so, you must respond to all hearing requests and take advantage of any "voluntary departure" options. If your status has not come to attention of USCIS or ICE yet, reinstatement is not an issue, but when your Priority Date becomes current and you are in the U.S., you may be able to be Adjusted.

If you leave the U.S., you may be immediately put on record as being a visa overstay and be subject to a future bar from reentry for a specific number of years.

--Ray B

Originally posted by fifthnormal View Post
      If somebody is out of status on an F1 Visa, I've been told that an application for reinstatement can be made. If this application is done, does NEW financial proof need to be submitted? That means a bank account with about 20K needs to be shown? What can be done if I don't have this?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
        Have you received official USCIS or ICE notification that are out of status? If so, you must respond to all hearing requests and take advantage of any "voluntary departure" options. If your status has not come to attention of USCIS or ICE yet, reinstatement is not an issue, but when your Priority Date becomes current and you are in the U.S., you may be able to be Adjusted.

If you leave the U.S., you may be immediately put on record as being a visa overstay and be subject to a future bar from reentry for a specific number of years.

--Ray B
        No official notice yet, but I think the out of status was reported at the end of September. As part of the reinstatement process, they say a financial statement is needed for one year of tuition and expenses. My graduate assistant job paid that. There are no cash reserves.

Does this situation cause ineligibility for reinstatement?

Comment

I think your question got mixed with another thread involving an F4 visa class sibling petition. I can't provide any information about reinstatement. Sorry.

--Ray B

Originally posted by fifthnormal View Post
          No official notice yet, but I think the out of status was reported at the end of September. As part of the reinstatement process, they say a financial statement is needed for one year of tuition and expenses. My graduate assistant job paid that. There are no cash reserves.

Does this situation cause ineligibility for reinstatement?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X