F1 Out of Status Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Out of Status Options

I am an F-1 student whose SEVIS record was terminated a few months ago. I let myself go out of status because I got married and thought my wife would get me a green card. Well, it didn't work, and now I want to go back to school. My school readmitted me, but I can't do reinstatement because I can't afford to wait. So I need to go back to my home country to get a new F-1.

I was told to bring evidence of my marriage and that it was genuine, but I can't really do that. I was told that I might not be able to get my F-1 because I terminated my original status.

What are the chances this would happen? Does it seem likely? Thanks.

Hello, Fifthnormal.

If you are staying in USA while being out of status, obtaining any new visa to enter USA will be extremely difficult. You can almost rule out getting a new US visa now. Check with some attorneys before you decide your action plan. Please evaluate all options before you leave USA.

All the best. Personal opinion.

Cheers,

Originally posted by fifthnormal View Post
    I am an F-1 student whose SEVIS record was terminated a few months ago. I let myself go out of status because I got married and thought my wife would get me a green card. Well, it didn't work, and now I want to go back to school. My school readmitted me, but I can't do reinstatement because I can't afford to wait. So I need to go back to my home country to get a new F-1.

I was told to bring evidence of my marriage and that it was genuine, but I can't really do that. I was told that I might not be able to get my F-1 because I terminated my original status.

What are the chances this would happen? Does it seem likely? Thanks.
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X