Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advice required regarding port of entry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice required regarding port of entry.

i am travelling from chennai(INDIA) to LA. got my admission and the F1 visa on the I-20 of kansas university medical center,kansas city.would be attending the classes in Jan 06'.my brother stays in LA and i would be spending th vacation(from 22nd Dec05' to 8th Jan06') with him.following that i would be leaving for kansas city on the 9th of jan06'.my classes start on the 19th of Jan.
    my question is,will the port of entry authority permit me to stay in LA wiht my brother as i am on an F1 status to kansas university??what shud i say if they ask me as to why am i in LA when i have to go to kansas city?what if they say that i dont serve the purpose of F1 visa status which is not for vacation?

Just explain whatever you explained here.

It is legal to enter through LA even if you are going to study in Kansas.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

advice required regarding port of entry

i got ur point.but, can u explain it in more detail.i am scared because there was a similar case where the student was deported back to his home country wiht the reason that he didn't serve the purpose as to why the visa was given.

Comment

I believe that the explanation you provided should be sufficient.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

hey
          my cousin just came yesterday from dubai...he is on F1 and is supposed to report to houston college on 3rd Jan but he will be staying wiht me in New york f0r 20 days.... so its ok to stop over anywhere ..At hte immigration he was asked why he was stoppin gin virginia nd he told that my cousin lives here and he showed ht ticket to houston for hte 2nd jan..so he said ok..also i had sent him an email inviting him to come over to virginia...which was of no use though..but its always better to carry one letter from your brother asking him to come and stay wiht him for some days before joining college
          so dont worry its all fine..
          prem

Comment

Does this also apply to people with H1B's, I am going to another state before designating to go to my Work location which is in another state.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X