Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1

Hi all
    I have a question.I am right now on H4 Visa but want to pursue Phd(full time) so have to change visa to F1.assuming that i have an i-20 my question is
    Which is the better option?
    1.Going to India for stamping(r the chances of rejection more?)
    2.Going to canada for stamping
    3.Sending papers by post to the immigration service center(Texas)(which i heard wud take quite a lot of time)

any help wud be appreciated

Minu

H4 to F1

I would like to know what happened in your case.? Did you get a reply or did something.?

I have the following situation.

My wife is studying at UCI on a H4 Visa(Since aug 2005), We have the stamping from previous company(which is valid till Oct 2006) on our passports. She would like to change her visa immediately to F1 - as she is getting some opportunities of TA, Internship etc form June 20th.

1. Does she have to go to India to change H4 to F1 visa.? or can she apply from here in US.? which one is faster and safe.?

2. If she better go to India, does she need the latest company(I changed company in Nov 05 ) stamping.?

3. If she needs new company stamping, can we do it in Mexico/Canada and then goto India for F1 stamping.? or is it not required to have any new stamping and can she directly go to India with old stamping for F1 appointment.?

4. What is her chances of denial for F1 ( she is already studying - does she need to provide all the funding documents etc, she has a US private loan, is not sufficient to show that.?)

5. In case she is denied an F1 visa, will her H4 be valid.? (what if she has old stamping at that time or its better to have new stamping first from Mexico before going to India).?

Pls let me know [email protected]
    Last edited by bk_ravi; 04-25-2006, 08:35 PM.

Comment

H4 to F1

Hi,

We too are considering converting my wife's visa status from H4 to F1. She is going to be starting grad school from Fall 2006.

1. If we apply for change of status now, how many months approx will it take to convert to F1? We reside in California, is it possible to apply to other service centers where the processing time is less?

2. Once her F1 is approved, how many months would she have to wait before she can apply for CPT? Does it have to be 2 semesters on F1 before one can get CPT? If the F1 is approved during a semester, does that semester count?

3. My LC was filed in Feb 2005, Is it a problem in the future GC process if she is on F1? When i have to add my spouse's name to my GC appln (i guess at the 485 stage), if she is on F1 that time.. is that an issue?

Appreciate your help in this matter!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X