Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-2 Visa Application - DS-160 Query

Hello all,

I have heard wonderful things about this community. So I trust you guys more than the random views I am getting from the rest of the internet.

Description:

I am working on F-1 (OPT). I am getting married on 21st April 2015 in India. I will reach India on 12th April. We (my wife and I) will return to the USA back on 11th May. I intend to apply for my wife-to-be's F-2 visa after 21st April and before 11th May.

Questions:

1) Can I start the visa application process by filling the DS-160, right away? Can I schedule a date between the aforementioned dates so much in advance?

2) What should be her status while filling the DS-160? Since she would be filling the DS-160 now, she would be "single"; but since she intends to appear for a dependant visa interview, they will expect the DS-160 to say "married".

3) How difficult is it to get a date for the F-2 visa interview at the Mumbai consulate (or any Indian consulate for that matter, Mumbai being the closest). How much wait am I looking at, if I fill the DS-160 after marriage, just to avoid the dilemma in point (2)?

--------------------------------------------
    I intend to start the visa application process right now only because I was told that non-immigrant visa applicants should start early (3 months prior to the date of travel).
    --------------------------------------------

I thank all the responders in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X