Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa rejected on medical grounds

Hi

My brother was denied student visa because of the X-ray report showing that he has lungs problem. In his childhood he used to have cold etc. like all kids do, but never too serious. Now he is completely fine and never catches severe cold or cough etc. He was in complete shock when the officer at the embassy told him that the doctor who gave the medical report stated that my brother has indications of Pneumonia and that too from his childhood!! The officer at the embassy told him to take proper medicine, cure the lungs problem and reapply after 3 months

My brother is completely disappointed because of this and lost all his hopes

I have few doubts

1. Is medical report mandatory for Non-immigrant visa? The embassy is Hyderabad, India and I did't find the medical report in the required & support documents list for F1 for this embassy
    2. How could this visa rejection affect my brother's future application?
    3. What are the chances that my brother will be granted visa, if any, if he applies for F1 visa after 3 months, as suggested?

Please advise

A medical exam is only required for the green card. I don't understand why the embassy would want to see chest x-rays for an F1 visa. I recommend getting a doctor's note indicating your brother is healthy (in case they ask again) and apply for the F1 visa again. Plenty of people apply several times for visas. He will be asked again and again if any visas were ever denied and he'll have to explain every single time he applies for a new visa, however it will not affect future visa applications as long as the explanation is good.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X