No announcement yet.

Urgent! Pasport validity less than course duration - applying F1 student visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent! Pasport validity less than course duration - applying F1 student visa

My passport is valid till May 2016. My course is for 2 years. I have an appointment with the embassy in a few days to apply for my F1 visa.

However, I just read ""A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)."

My country is part of the exemption that allows an additional 6 months however, still less than my course duration.

Would I get my F1 visa rejected because of this and have to reapply? I'm strapped for time so I don't have time to renew my passport before the embassy appointment.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge about this? Feeling a bit nervous as I don't want it to be rejected and your help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Your visa application can't be rejected based on that, worst case they'll tell you to renew your passport and come back.

Comment

Originally posted by SSLT0 View Post
      My passport is valid till May 2016. My course is for 2 years. I have an appointment with the embassy in a few days to apply for my F1 visa.

However, I just read ""A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)."

My country is part of the exemption that allows an additional 6 months however, still less than my course duration.

Would I get my F1 visa rejected because of this and have to reapply? I'm strapped for time so I don't have time to renew my passport before the embassy appointment.

Does anyone have any experience/knowledge about this? Feeling a bit nervous as I don't want it to be rejected and your help is much appreciated. Thanks!
      Can you update what happened in your situation? Were you granted the visa? I am in the same situation...please advice...thanks...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X