Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed: How to bring Wife.

Hi Guys,
    I am F-1 graduate student in US and graduating in May 2015. I got a job with a big organization recently and will join them in June on OPT. They told me that they will file my H1b for next year as this is already late for this year. I was recently engaged in India and I am planning to get marry in the beginning of next year. I have few questions in my mind regarding bringing my would be wife soon after we get marry next year.
    1. Should I bring her on F2 visa or B2 visa as I heard that F2 rejection rates are high? Considering I am working with a big company and have a good package, will it be easy for her to get through it.
    2. How much approx. time it takes to file a F2 and completing the whole process?
    3. One thing came in my mind that I can apply for her visitor/B2 visa by inviting her to my graduation in May 2015. However, currently she is not my wife. Will she get a visa if I invite her as my fiancé? Or should I wait to get married next year and then apply for F-2 or B2?
    PS: My OPT will expire on June 2016 and while my H1b have been filed at that time I will also apply for OPT Extension.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X