Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 Visa Denial Question

Hello everyone,

I am applying for an F-1 visa for my undergraduate studies in the US. I am confused as to whether I have been denied visa previously. Please take some time to go through my complicated situation. I myself am not clear on this situation, as my mother herself isn't clear about all this. But here is a brief summary.

Around 15 years ago (back in 1998-2000), I had been to the US with my mom as a minor. The passport back then shows that I, along with my mother (B1/B2 visa), had been issued a visa. I am not sure as to which visa I had been offered, but it states that the child (me) is the son of the passport bearer (my mom). So, I was a minor. The Immigration Department in the US soon changed my mother's Visa to an F1-Student Visa. During the break from school, we went to the UK for sometime, during which my mother's visa expired. On applying for an F1-visa once again, my mother was denied one. There isn't any "denial stamp" on the passport.

This makes my answer to the DS-160 Visa Denial Question confusing. Do I write that I was denied a visa, or was it simply my mom who was denied a visa and that I counted as just a minor? But it makes me wonder that I had also been issued a visa as a minor in the first place. Were both of us denied a Visa?

I had my very own passport issued only in 2013. I have never been issued any kind of Visa on it.

Sorry for the confusion. Hope you have understood my query. Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X