Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost old expired passport. should i mention it on DS 160?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost old expired passport. should i mention it on DS 160?

Hi,

I am currently applying for M1 visa. In the DS-160, they have asked a question whether we have ever lost a passport or a US visa.
    Please tell me if I should say yes or no, on the basis of the following facts:

Basically I have misplaced my old passport recently, which had expired in 2010. It had a US tourist visa in it which was issued in 2008 and has most probably expired by now too.

Just 2 days ago, i realised that i have misplaced that old passport. i have my current passport with me, which is valid till 2020.

What should I do now about the missing expired passport? Do i need it for my visa interview?

most importantly, should i answer ‘yes’ to losing my passport and us visa in the ds-160 form?

i have not lodged an FIR as i recently discovered it to be missing, and i also most probably do not have a photocopy of the old passport that is required to file the FIR

please let me know how to proceed. thanks

regards,
    Masumi

Any updates on this?

I'm in a similar situation.. I actually already filled out and submitted my ds-160. My old expired passport had an expired US visa. I have mentioned about the visa details in the application, based on the scanned copies I had. Now that I have scheduled the visa interview, I realize that I need to also produce my old passport. Unfortunately, it seems to be misplaced. I also haven't indicated it as a lost/stolen passport in the ds-160. Is this going to be a problem? I have scanned copies of all the pages of my old passport. Would that do? A reply would be deeply appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Max_Eindhoven I’m in similar situation with my interview in 2 days. B2 visa. I have misplaced my old passport with expired visa somewhere . It’s not lost or stolen. I filled the ds160 without knowing I couldn’t find the passport.

did you attend the interview? Was there any problem with the old passport not being there?

Comment

How did it go? If you need any help or assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. My name is Daniel, and I work for academized https://academized.cоm/term-paper-help. My role involves helping students manage their workload by providing support with their term papers and other assignments. Whether you need guidance on a particular project or general tips on balancing your academic responsibilities, I'm here to help. Feel free to ask any questions or let us know how we can assist you in making your academic journey a bit smoother.​
        Last edited by amystivens; 06-27-2024, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Masumi Shah View Post
          Hi,

I am currently applying for M1 visa. In the DS-160, they have asked a question whether we have ever lost a passport or a US visa.
          Please tell me if I should say yes or no, on the basis of the following facts:

Basically I have misplaced my old passport recently, which had expired in 2010. It had a US tourist visa in it which was issued in 2008 and has most probably expired by now too.

Just 2 days ago, i realised that i have misplaced that old passport. i have my current passport with me, which is valid till 2020.

What should I do now about the missing expired passport? Do i need it for my visa interview?

most importantly, should i answer ‘yes’ to losing my passport and us visa in the ds-160 form?

i have not lodged an FIR as i recently discovered it to be missing, and i also most probably do not have a photocopy of the old passport that is required to file the FIR

please let me know how to proceed. thanks

regards,
          Masumi

Yes, you should answer "Yes" to the question "Was your most recent U.S. visa lost, stolen, canceled, revoked, or marked CWOP?" on the DS-160 form.Even though the passport and visa were expired, you have misplaced the old passport containing the previous U.S. visa. This counts as the visa being lost, so you need to disclose this on the DS-160. Reporting the Lost Passport

You should report the lost/misplaced expired passport to the relevant authorities in your home country as soon as possible. This is important even though the passport was expired, as it helps prevent potential misuse of the document.While an FIR (First Information Report) is ideal, if you do not have a photocopy of the old passport, you can still report it as lost. Provide as much detail as you can about when and where you last had the passport. Visa Interview

You do not need to bring the old expired passport to your visa interview. Focus on providing the required documents for your current M1 visa application.During the interview, be prepared to explain the circumstances around the lost/misplaced expired passport. Emphasize that it contained an expired visa and that you have reported the loss to the authorities.The key is to be upfront and transparent about the situation. As long as you report the lost passport properly, it should not negatively impact your current visa application.Let me know if you have any other questions!

Rewrite

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X