X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding to OPT

Hey All,

Here is my story,

When I got my EAD card after my OPT approved, I started working in investment company. I did have formal paychecks, W-2 forms..etc. I did inform my school that I have been working in that company and start that date..etc. But after 4 months I changed my company to less demanding one, which I don’t have any paychecks since It is unpaid internship. I haven’t informed my school yet to update by SEVIS record regarding this change and it has been more than 4 months right now. My question is Am I currently out of status because if USCIS would check my IRS record they’ll see that last time I got paycheck is more than 4 months ago so they may think I am currently unemployed ? Should I leave the things where it is right now , or Should I let the school know that I changed my company ? If I decide to let the school know, what is the change that USCIS consider this unpaid position as “unemployment” and make me out of status ? Is there anyway that USCIS know where I am working besides the information I provided the school ?

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X