Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 visa conversion

Hi All,

Currently I am staying in USA on H4 visa. Would like to register for some university here to continue my study. To give background about my profile, I have completed my bachelor degree in India and having 12yrs of IT experience.

To utilise my time better would like to do some courses here. But have no idea how to start and what is the process to follow. While browsing i got few information but not clear to summarize my questions.

1. Do I need to convert my visa to F1 before I register any course? If so how can i convert my visa to F1? Whom should I contact?
    2. DO i need to pay any fee for my visa conversion?
    3. IS TOEFL or GER mandatory to study in USA?

Please explain in details... It would great helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

No, it's not compulsory to apply for change of status(COS) before applying for studies. You can do it on H4 as well. Follow the instructions by the college/university you will be applying regarding COS. H4 to F1 COS can be done in two ways, by sending COS form and all necessary documents in mail(post) to USCIS or by uploading the same online via USCIS ELIS online portal. Yes, there is COS fee that you need to pay. It differ by universities to accept students with or without GRE/TOFEL.

B

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X