Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applicant Has A U.S. Citizen Relative - Will They Believe She's A Nonimmigrant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applicant Has A U.S. Citizen Relative - Will They Believe She's A Nonimmigrant?

First, I apologize for not going through the forum, but this is a specific question and difficult to use the site's search engine for.

My question is, if a student (Chinese) has an aunt who has become a U.S. citizen. In her F-1 interview if she says yes when they ask her if she has any U.S. citizen relatives, will they consider her as a possible immigrant and therefore ineligible for the visa?

A few of her family members (including the U.S. citizen) counseled her to lie in her interview as her relative is not a native-born citizen and anyway this student has no intention of immigrating. I told her she should tell the truth in case they did check her background, but I can't help thinking she's right that it is a risk.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by yoopea; 05-25-2015, 07:47 AM.

I have experience lying to immigration officers, and I can assure you they will always find out, and the consequences are so much harsher than just having told the truth in the first place.

They will grant her an F-1 visa if they are convinced that she will return after completing her studies. If she has a good life in China, that will not be a problem. If her parents can afford four years of non-resident tuition (lol how many American families have that kind of cash in the bank?) and living expenses, I imagine she has a good life in China.

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      I have experience lying to immigration officers, and I can assure you they will always find out, and the consequences are so much harsher than just having told the truth in the first place.

They will grant her an F-1 visa if they are convinced that she will return after completing her studies. If she has a good life in China, that will not be a problem. If her parents can afford four years of non-resident tuition (lol how many American families have that kind of cash in the bank?) and living expenses, I imagine she has a good life in China.
      Thanks so much inadmissible! Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with my gut on this one and make sure she tells the truth. It's not worth the risk.

Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X