F2 to F1 COS for fall 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 to F1 COS for fall 2015

My F2 to F1 COS is in progress in Vermont service center and the processing time here is currently 2.5 months. But my case was accepted on Feb 23 2015. The customer service is not of much help. It has been 3 months 20 days and I have not received any RFE either. My spouse is currently on OPT. I could not join the spring class, so my new I 20 was created and submitted to USCIS through the university around April 6 2015. I am worried that I might fail to join the Fall batch too due to the delay in COS.

Is there anyone who is currently experiencing a delay in COS from the Vermont Service center?

I would request all those who are expecting COS for fall 2015 to connect here and discuss the track of respective cases.

Thank you.

Did you ELIS or paper application?

Have you received the notice?

Comment

You can't predict the adjudication timeline of F-2-to-F-1, it can be as long as six months.

Most aliens need the predictability of when they can start classes more than they need to stay physically present in the United States.

For that reason, returning home and applying for a F-1 visa is the best option. It may not be the quickest option, and it certainly disrupts their physical presence in the United States. That said, it allows them to enroll for classes with better certainty that they can actually attend those classes.

Comment

Elis

Originally posted by chesta View Post
        Have you received the notice?
        It was an ELIS application. If by notice you mean case receipt notice , then Yes I received it the very next day I filed my application online.

Comment

F2 to f1

This is really distressing. I asked about the approval notice. I applied on April 27th through ELIS-- and it was directed to Vermont Service centre. It has been optimized since then pending review. Looks like I will have to travel to my home country. I was really trying to avoid this major expense. This is so sad. And they won't even return $300.

Comment

Have you considered making a consular appointment at Canada or Mexico?

Comment

F2 to f1

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
              Have you considered making a consular appointment at Canada or Mexico?
              . No
              Can you tell me how can I do this? I need visa for canada n mexico right? Are they likely to approve my visa request? How expensive is this affair. Thank you so much for your time.

Comment

You will need a visa if your country does not have visa waiver privileges with either Canada or Mexico. It takes more than a month these days to get a Canadian visa, but I think it is quicker with Mexico; you need to call around and check.

It is not a perfect route, but for some aliens it is the better choice. If your country has VW, you live near the border, and a flight to your home country is super expensive, then it works out to be a better route.

Comment

This is really distressing. I asked about the approval notice. I applied on April 27th through ELIS-- and it was directed to Vermont Service centre. It has been optimized since then pending review. Looks like I will have to travel to my home country. I was really trying to avoid this major expense. This is so sad. And they won't even return $300.
                  When does your classes start ? If you applied on 27th April then you should wait at least till 27 July .

Comment

Hi Chesta ,

Did u get it yet ?
                    its been 4.5 months and I am still waiting

Comment

f2 to f1

Originally posted by ssraj View Post
                      Hi Chesta ,

Did u get it yet ?
                      its been 4.5 months and I am still waiting
                      God, that's long. Haven't got it.. looks like it has moved to CSC... Do raise a request

Comment

Originally posted by ssraj View Post
                        My F2 to F1 COS is in progress in Vermont service center and the processing time here is currently 2.5 months. But my case was accepted on Feb 23 2015. The customer service is not of much help. It has been 3 months 20 days and I have not received any RFE either. My spouse is currently on OPT. I could not join the spring class, so my new I 20 was created and submitted to USCIS through the university around April 6 2015. I am worried that I might fail to join the Fall batch too due to the delay in COS.

Is there anyone who is currently experiencing a delay in COS from the Vermont Service center?

I would request all those who are expecting COS for fall 2015 to connect here and discuss the track of respective cases.

Thank you.
                        Hello,
                        I am in a similar situation as you. I submitted a paper application to USCIS and it is being processed at their Vermont Service Center. I received the I-797C notice on March 11,2015. After that there has been no communication from USCIS. I called up twice and both times was given vague information. They state the processing time which is mentioned on their website and last when I checked it has not been updated beyond May 31,2015. Do you have any new information about this process or have you heard of anyone getting the visa within 5-6 months from the date of application?

Comment

Originally posted by zmn View Post
                          Hello,
                          I am in a similar situation as you. I submitted a paper application to USCIS and it is being processed at their Vermont Service Center. I received the I-797C notice on March 11,2015. After that there has been no communication from USCIS. I called up twice and both times was given vague information. They state the processing time which is mentioned on their website and last when I checked it has not been updated beyond May 31,2015. Do you have any new information about this process or have you heard of anyone getting the visa within 5-6 months from the date of application?
                          Have you heard anything new? I applied vermont paper on 20 March 2015 and still pending

Comment

Originally posted by ssf2f1 View Post
                            Have you heard anything new? I applied vermont paper on 20 March 2015 and still pending
                            No I have not heard anything new as yet.

Comment

vermont, F2 to F1 application

Hi, I applied to the USCIS, vermont service center, for changing my visa status from F2 to F1 through paper documents, my case was received on March 12, 2015. My admission to the graduate school was for Second Summer 2015. As there was no status update, i missed Summer II, 2015 semester. I deferred my admission to Fall, 2015 and updated the my sevis through the international office. My Fall class will be started from August 19, still there is no status update. I am so much stressed and tensed for that. I called to the USCIS customer service over phone several times, at the beginning they told me that they were working the cases that were received on March 7, 2015. About one month later i called them again, and this time they told me that they were working on the cases that were received on October 2014 ! My stress are increased.

Please, if you have applied to change your status from F2 to F1, please give your posts letting the update information. I will keep updating my informations.

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X