Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• student visa to permanent resident

Hello !
    My boy friend is in his students visa. He is gonna complete his grad in May 2016. After which he ll have his opt for 3 months to find a job. We have planned to get hitched in September 2016. So we dunno his probability of getting a job within the three months time provided. He may get or may not get. But we've planned to move to the USA soon after our marriage as i have planned to do my highers. So what type of visa should I go in. Will it be dependent even if he doesn't get a job? And if I go in dependent, will it affect my higher studies? Bit of chaos. Would be thankful if someone could help us in this concern.

Has he applied for his OPT yet?

You can't get a dependent visa if he is out of status in September

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Has he applied for his OPT yet?

You can't get a dependent visa if he is out of status in September
      yes he has applied for his opt

Comment

You will get your F-2 visa.

If you want to attend school here, that is a different matter.

You will need your own student visa, and it will be completely independent of his student visa. You will need to demonstrate non-immigrant intent and ability to pay, just like he did when he first got his student visa.

Comment

i applied for f2 to f1 cos on june 18. I just called and they told me that it had been processed to the vermont service center. They say it will take around 10 months for me to expect a response from them. Is there any way I can transfer my case to the California service center since I really need my F1 to be processed as I am starting my classes on sept 8.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X