Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was issued visa, and then again asked for my passport for administrative processing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was issued visa, and then again asked for my passport for administrative processing.

I applied for US F-1 (Student) visa, and I had an interview today. I was issued the visa by the counsellor interviewing me, I was said to pay the $200 fee as I was already issued a visa. Nothing new. Everyone who got approved were doing this. Happy me, but this happiness only lasted for few seconds. Here's the unorthodox part; as soon as it was my turn to pay the fee, the counselor that was interviewing me came to the booth of collecting the visa fee, and asked my passport and I was not allowed to submit the required fee which would have guaranteed my visa approval. The guy collecting the visa fee said that 'They would call me to inform about my status' And, when I asked how long would it take he was unsure about it.
    I came back home and checked my application status it states that it is currently on "administrative processing". I searched about the administrative processing which states that it might take week or 60 days for this to get through, which is ridiculous if it takes 60 days, as I have my college starting in August. And, I also didn't find any student visa's going through administrative processing, as it is a usual background check done by US embassy.
    Can anyone explain this enigma to me? Should I be worried? Is there a chance that my "approved" visa could be rejected again? Please, I need help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X