Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name mismatch in I-20 and passport (Already appeared for visa interview )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name mismatch in I-20 and passport (Already appeared for visa interview )

Hi,

I appeared for F-1 visa interview on July 13, 2015 at New Delhi. I was issued a 221(g) form and was asked to submit few documents. The consular officer took my I-20 and passport. Later on I realized that there is a discrepancy in name on I-20 and passport which is of the following type:

Name on passport:
    Surname: Blank
    Given Name: YYY ZZZ

Name on I-20:
    First Name: YYY
    Last Name: ZZZ

I made all the appointments including GRE, TOEFL, University application, Visa and OFC using the name format appeared in I-20. No one raised any issue at GRE and TOEFL test center. It was only at OFC appointment when officials asked me to make changes in the name in DS-160 form, where they asked me to give First name as 'FNU' and last name as 'YYY ZZZ'.

So what should I do now? Should I ask for new I-20 from the university? Will I need to pay sevis fee again for new I-20? In this case how will I replace my I-20 as my original I-20 is with the consular officer?
    Or is there any other option as well?

Thanks

Facing the same issue

Hi daffodils123,

I am facing the exact same problem. Please let me know what happened in your case. Did you face any problem during immigration. Did you change your passport or I20? What is the best way forward?

Thanks in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X