Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name change on i765 (OPT EAD)

Hi,

I'm pursuing masters in US, as per passport my name is xxx and the Visa has FNU, xxx name.

Recently, I was due to renew the passport and while applying for the passport I chose to split my name xxx,yyy. Now as per new passport, my name on visa would be yyy,xxx.

Meantime, I had already applied for OPT EAD

Now here are my concerns, please let me know if you have come across this kind of situation:

1. I do understand that I need to first change the name in SSN, followed by other documents. Should I do it right now or wait for the OPT approval to reach me.
    2. How do I get the name changed once the EAD is approved?
    3. How long would it take for change of name process?
    4. I would like to visit my parents in Dec, will this impact my travel plans...

Thanks in advance for your kind help!

With Best Regards,

Any updates?

Hi,

Please do let me know if you have any updates on this?
    How did you get this resolved?
    I have same issue. My EAD is issued but i got my name changed later.

Thanks
    Akhil

Originally posted by it'sme View Post
    Hi,

I'm pursuing masters in US, as per passport my name is xxx and the Visa has FNU, xxx name.

Recently, I was due to renew the passport and while applying for the passport I chose to split my name xxx,yyy. Now as per new passport, my name on visa would be yyy,xxx.

Now here are my concerns, please let me know if you have come across this kind of situation:

1. I do understand that I need to first change the name in SSN, followed by other documents. Should I do it right now or wait for the OPT approval to reach me.

With Best Regards,

Comment

Hi Akhil & it'sme

Could you tell me what you did regarding the same?
      Has your issue been resolved?
      Did you go to India and get your visa corrected? What is the procedure for that?
      And did you have to pay for getting your EAD corrected?

Thanks,
      Sharath

Originally posted by akhilz View Post
      Hi,

Please do let me know if you have any updates on this?
      How did you get this resolved?
      I have same issue. My EAD is issued but i got my name changed later.

Thanks
      Akhil

Comment

Originally posted by it'sme View Post
        Hi,

With Best Regards,
        Hi,

I am currently going through same situation.

It would be helpful if could update on this. Please share your experience /knowledge.

Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by caathy View Post
          Hi,

I am currently going through same situation.

It would be helpful if could update on this. Please share your experience /knowledge.

Thanks!!
          I would submit a ticket to USCIS informing them of the name change, or you can submit a letter and provide your new passport and an explanation for the change. However, USCIS will more likely go with the name you originally submitted with your application. So if they do not allow the name change you will need to apply for a new EAD.
          This is purely my opinion and does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X