Change of status to B 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of status to B 2

Hi, I am posting to see if there is anyone with similar experience to provide some advice.
    I have been going to school in U.S. for 2 years (phd program) and I received Canadian citizenship this February. So I gladly left U.S. to get my new citizenship and passport, and I left 2 days after receiving my Canadian passport. At the airport, I presented my old passport, I 20 and new Canadian passport, and expressed my intent to go back to school as soon as possible because as a phd student I cannot leave mid semester. Later I found out that the officer put a B2 stamp on my Canadian passport. I tried to correct it at the deferred inspection office in U.S. but the officer advised me to keep using the old passport and I 20 to simplify matter (he tried to change the B2 but failed for some reason). And the international office (I told them everything) at my school told me to set an appointment with them before I leave U.S. again. After about 5 months I decided to take a vacation in Canada and scheduled an appointment with international office and they TERMINATED my old I 20 for a change of status to B2 and happily informed me that I have been violating B2 status for 5 months and may not be able to return. They gave me a new I 20 and told me to try it at the airport.
    After all the nerve wreck and panicking, I seriously want to know what my odds are at getting back to school again. I am about 80% sure I won't make it for the next semester but I still haven't informed my PI and department yet.
    Thank you very much!
    Cat scratching

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X