F2 to F1 Change for status for Fall 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 to F1 Change for status for Fall 2015

Hi, I applied to the USCIS, vermont service center, for changing my visa status from F2 to F1 through paper documents, my case was received on March 12, 2015. My admission to the graduate school was for Second Summer 2015. As there was no status update, i missed Summer II, 2015 semester. I deferred my admission to Fall, 2015 and updated the my sevis through the international office. My Fall class will be started from August 19, still there is no status update. I am so much stressed and tensed for that. I called to the USCIS customer service over phone several times, at the beginning they told me that they were working the cases that were received on March 7, 2015. About one month later i called them again, and this time they told me that they were working on the cases that were received on October 2014 ! My stress are increased.

Please, if you have applied to change your status from F2 to F1, please give your posts letting the update information. I will keep updating my informations.

Thank you

Originally posted by akash09 View Post
    Hi, I applied to the USCIS, vermont service center, for changing my visa status from F2 to F1 through paper documents, my case was received on March 12, 2015. My admission to the graduate school was for Second Summer 2015. As there was no status update, i missed Summer II, 2015 semester. I deferred my admission to Fall, 2015 and updated the my sevis through the international office. My Fall class will be started from August 19, still there is no status update. I am so much stressed and tensed for that. I called to the USCIS customer service over phone several times, at the beginning they told me that they were working the cases that were received on March 7, 2015. About one month later i called them again, and this time they told me that they were working on the cases that were received on October 2014 ! My stress are increased.

Please, if you have applied to change your status from F2 to F1, please give your posts letting the update information. I will keep updating my informations.

Thank you
    Do you hear anything new?
    My case is the same as yours, just my case was received a week later than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by ssf2f1 View Post
      Do you hear anything new?
      My case is the same as yours, just my case was received a week later than yours.
      I did not get any update yet. If i get i will let you know. Did you apply for fall 2015? Let me know if you have any update.

Thank you

Comment

I did not get any update yet. If i get i will let you know. Did you apply for fall 2015? Let me know if you have any update.

Thank you
        Yes, for fall 2015. Have you raised any expedite request recently?
        Mine was denied last week

Comment

I am sorry for you. I did not raise expedite request. Do you know why they denied your case?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi ssf2f1,
          could you tell me how to raise expedite request?

Thank you

Comment

I am sorry for you. I did not raise expedite request. Do you know why they denied your case?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi ssf2f1,
            could you tell me how to raise expedite request?

Thank you
            Hi akash09

It was rejected and they said it is processing in normal processing time.

Comment

Hi akash09

It was rejected and they said it is processing in normal processing time.
              Hello, on what basis did you raise the expedite request, I read several criteria on basis of which you can raise the request so did you use one of those conditions? Also, in how many days did you get a response for the expedite request. The USCIS processing time webpage has been updated and now for I-539 the processing time shows 2.5 months.

Comment

Originally posted by zmn View Post
                Hello, on what basis did you raise the expedite request, I read several criteria on basis of which you can raise the request so did you use one of those conditions? Also, in how many days did you get a response for the expedite request. The USCIS processing time webpage has been updated and now for I-539 the processing time shows 2.5 months.
                I told them that I have financial loss but it was denied...

Comment

I told them that I have financial loss but it was denied...
                  Ok, in how many days do they get back to you with a reply?

Comment

Ok, in how many days do they get back to you with a reply?
                    5 days later.

Comment

5 days later.
                      Thank you for the information. Did you send any documents for the expedite process to prove financial loss?

Comment

5 days later.
                        Along with the denial for expedite request did you receive any processing time information regarding your application?

Comment

Along with the denial for expedite request did you receive any processing time information regarding your application?
                          no

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the information. Did you send any documents for the expedite process to prove financial loss?
                          no, because they did not ask.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

do you raise expedite request?
                          If you get any response to your expedite request or any update please share.

Comment

do you raise expedite request?
                            If you get any response to your expedite request or any update please share.[/QUOTE]

I will post any updates I have.

Comment

I am also waiting for the change of status from F2 -> F1.
                              I e-filed my documentation thought ELIS on June 5th and now it has been 2.5 months.
                              And I am still waiting...
                              Is calling to USCIS helpful ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X