Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrating

Hi everyone,
    I called USCIS on last Thursday. She told me they were still working on the applications submitted in November 2014. Due to huge application, it is taking too long time.

Comment

Any update

Hi guys,
      If you have any kind of update, please share with us. If you make a call to USCIS, let us know what they say.

Thank you

Comment

Any COS to F1 student visa approved by VSC in 2015??

Hello,

Did anyone get their change of status approved from VSC in 2015? (from H1/H4...or other visa to F1 student visa)
        I have applied in June'15 and its been more than 90 days now, I am still waiting for the approval.
        The USCIS website shows that the last i-539 file processed was November 24, 1014.
        I called them 2-3 times but they say its within their processing time, so I have to wait.
        I have already started graduate school in September this year but I will not get fellowship until this gets approved.

Please let me know your processing times, so I can know the time it usually takes through VSC.

Thanks.

Comment

My case got approved.
          I contacted Ombudsman. They really helped and expedited my case. If you have financial loss or other severe situation, contact them and they will take care of your case.
          My case was received 20 March, VSC, paper based.
          Hope it helps you

Comment

Originally posted by ssf2f1 View Post
            My case got approved.
            I contacted Ombudsman. They really helped and expedited my case. If you have financial loss or other severe situation, contact them and they will take care of your case.
            Hope it helps you
            Hi ssf2f1,

Thanks for this information. How much time does it take via ombudsman?
            Also, would you please elaborate a bit please, about this process...like you have to show/prove financial loss or any reasons by documenting??
            I have submitted H1B to F1 change of status and its been more than three months now.
            My school is asking me when I would expect to get my visa.

Comment

My case got approved.
              Hope it helps you
              Hey that's great news. Congratulations! Please could you give more details about how to contact them and what proof you need etc, any information you think would be helpful for us to know.

Comment

My case got approved.
                Hope it helps you
                Hello,

Please could you answer the following questions:
                1)When did you contact Ombudsman and how(phone call or filled the form on their website or email or mail)
                2)Which documents did you submit?
                3)In how much time did they get back to you with your case being approved?

It would really help if yo could share this information and any additional details which will be useful.

Thank you

Comment

My case got approved.
                  Hope it helps you
                  Hi ssf2f1,
                  How did you contact with them? Did you go there office personally or call them over phone? Could you tell us details ? And congratulation you for this good news.

Thank you

Comment

Please visit this website
                    When and how to submit a case assistance request and the types of cases the CIS Ombudsman's Office can help with.

There is a link to submit an electronic form DHS-7001. You just need to complete the online form and upload documents.
                    I provided the scholarship letter and admission letter and a letter from my department that showed they would not defer my admission.
                    I submitted the form on Sep 4 and approved on Sep 18.

Comment

IMPORTANT:
                      1-Ask your international office to update your sevis. Otherwise , uscis will send RFE because your I20 date has passed. But if your sevis is still active, they will approve your case hopefully.
                      2- ombudsman needs strong reasons to take care of your case. I think it only works for petitions older than 4.5 month(i am not sure) and cases that already requested expedite by uscis and got denied.

- - - Updated - - -

Hope this works for all you guys. I know how frustrating is this situation.

Comment

When and how to submit a case assistance request and the types of cases the CIS Ombudsman's Office can help with.

There is a link to submit an electronic form DHS-7001. You just need to complete the online form and upload documents.
                        I provided the scholarship letter and admission letter and a letter from my department that showed they would not defer my admission.
                        Thanks ssf2f1. This is very helpful.

Comment

Thank you very much for all the information. I hope we all get out of this situation.

Comment

Any update

Please let us know, if you have any update.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by akash09 View Post
                              Please let us know, if you have any update.

Thank you
                              Sadly no progress as yet.

Comment

Hey zmn,

Did you submit your request through ombudsman?
                                Or are you trying any other options? Please share.
                                Thanks.

Originally posted by zmn View Post
                                Sadly no progress as yet.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X