Adjustment of status from F-1 after marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment of status from F-1 after marriage

Hi, I am currently in the process of adjusting my status from F1 student to Green Card status and I need some answers if some kind soul could help out..

1. My name in my passport does not match the name on my marriage certificate (I kept my full name and added my husbands last name). Should I fill out the paperwork with my new name or my passport name? I wasnt going to renew my passport or name in my home country until this whole process is done since it has my visa in it and what not.

2. It says I should file the I-130 (petition for alien relative), I-485 (Application to Register permanent Residence or adjust status), G-325a and G-1145 (e-notifications) in one envelope with a check, how about I-864 (Affadavit of support), I-765 (employment authorization) and I-131 (travel document)? Could I enclose all of the mentioned documents in the same envelope?

Since the employment and travel applications are optional, does this mean that when my Green Card has been approved, I can both travel and work without having to apply for these at a later stage?

3. When talking to an attorney about possibly doing everything for us rather than us filling it all out, he asked for a medical examination to be done? I cannot find what application I need to attach this medical examination to?

Thanks in advance!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X