Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time to apply for F2 visa and pertinent queries

Hello,

Request inputs/suggestions on the following queries I have towards my F2 visa application based on my case.

My case : My husband traveled early this august to the US on F1 visa to pursue his one year masters program.
    I am working in India in a well known American IT firm and have a decent pay.I have a toddler.
    I am planning to visit US in the December holiday season for a span of 2-3 weeks and hence looking at applying before December.
    I am planning to travel alone without my kid for now.

Queries:
    1. What would be the best time to apply for my (plus my kid's) F2 visa in terms of increased chances of approval?
    (I have come across mixed reviews so far - few say the earlier the better and few say sometime closer to the graduation time would be better)

2. Would showing a 2-3 weeks leave letter from my company help?

3. Additionally, would blocking to and fro tickets for those 2-3 weeks time frame in advance and showing the return ticket during the interview strengthen my case?
    If yes then will just blocking my tickets and showing and telling VO that I plan to travel without my kid strengthen
    my case that I am bound to come back for my kid (in addition to my strong ties back to home country in terms of family/property etc)
    or would it be better if done the otherwise (i.e. plan for the December travel along with the kid).

4. Also since I am showing sufficient funds to get dependent I-20 do I need to show the same funds/bank balance during my visa interview as well?

Appreciate any inputs/suggestions and valuable feedback.
    Thanks in advance for your time on this.

1. Whenever you are ready.
    2. You only 'show' if specifically asked. Mostly otherwise you have to answer verbally.
    3. Yes, that's fine, but optional.
    4. Yes, carry the same evidence of available funds with you.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Kabkaba!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X