Dual Intent visas F-1 with pending I-130 application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Intent visas F-1 with pending I-130 application

Hi all - Noob here from India. I have a pending green card I-130 application from my sister who is a US citizen. I also applied for a F-1 visa with a I-20 from a school in the US. Now I know that its dual intent - non-immigrant F1 but intent to immigrate with the pending I-130 and my F-1 petition was likely to be rejected. But they approved it!!!! My F1 visa was stamped in my passport today.

Now my question is:
    I have read that inspite of the visa, DHS can still deny entry based on the pending I-130 petition. is this accurate?
    Does the student visa impact my green card I-130 application negatively at all if I choose to pursue the student visa?
    Thanks in advance

Hi,

I am in the same situation as you, going to apply for visa in November. Can you tell me what happened to you at POE??

Comment

Originally posted by zakaroni View Post
      Hi all - Noob here from India. I have a pending green card I-130 application from my sister who is a US citizen. I also applied for a F-1 visa with a I-20 from a school in the US. Now I know that its dual intent - non-immigrant F1 but intent to immigrate with the pending I-130 and my F-1 petition was likely to be rejected. But they approved it!!!! My F1 visa was stamped in my passport today.

Now my question is:
      I have read that inspite of the visa, DHS can still deny entry based on the pending I-130 petition. is this accurate?
      Does the student visa impact my green card I-130 application negatively at all if I choose to pursue the student visa?
      Thanks in advance
      HI,

I am in the same situation going to apply for F1 in November. Can you tell me What happened in your case? What ties you have shown that get your F1 approved as it is rare!

Comment

HI,

I am in the same situation going to apply for F1 in November. Can you tell me What happened in your case? What ties you have shown that get your F1 approved as it is rare!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X