Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is State ID an address proof?

Hi,

I am an F-1 student in USA (University of Florida). I am in the process of renewing my passport at the Atlanta jurisdiction. I have a passport that is currently been valid for 19 years and expires in August, 2016.

In this regard, I just wanted to confirm:

1. Is it right that I have to apply for a new passport rather than renew?
    2. Is Florida State ID (that has my address and photo) an acceptable proof of address?

Thank you for your time.

Priti

Originally posted by pritic View Post
    Hi,

I am an F-1 student in USA (University of Florida). I am in the process of renewing my passport at the Atlanta jurisdiction. I have a passport that is currently been valid for 19 years and expires in August, 2016.

In this regard, I just wanted to confirm:

1. Is it right that I have to apply for a new passport rather than renew?
    2. Is Florida State ID (that has my address and photo) an acceptable proof of address?

Thank you for your time.

Priti
    yes state id serves as a proof of address if your address is written on it.
    you must use the following link to renew.http://www.blsindia-usa.com/passport/reissue10.php
    its a reissue and not a complete new passport however you will get new passport. follow directions because they are very picky on minor stuff.
    and you had a same passport for 19 years...thats not possible? passports are only good for 10 years if you are an adult?

Comment

Yes, you are right. That was my bad. It is for 10 years. I appreciate the help. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X