Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Income from renting my car .. I'm on F1

Hello,

I'm currently on F1 student visa. Recently I started renting my car through a car sharing service, and in return I was getting discounted parking, and any income that comes if the car is rented.

I have been doing this for a few months, and now the company is telling me that I will receive a tax form from them for the income that I've gained.

My question is, is this considered a violation of my F1 visa.

As an F1 student, I understand that I'm not allowed to work without CPT or OPT authorization. Is renting my car considered employment? am I violating F1 visa rules in any way?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Mohamed Shibl View Post
    Hello,

I'm currently on F1 student visa. Recently I started renting my car through a car sharing service, and in return I was getting discounted parking, and any income that comes if the car is rented.

I have been doing this for a few months, and now the company is telling me that I will receive a tax form from them for the income that I've gained.

My question is, is this considered a violation of my F1 visa.

As an F1 student, I understand that I'm not allowed to work without CPT or OPT authorization. Is renting my car considered employment? am I violating F1 visa rules in any way?

Thanks!
    if you gave a service for in return for money..that would be considered violation of your visa...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X