Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already have Tourist Visa.. Need Student Visa

Hello,

I already have Tourist Visa to United States for 10 years. I have been to U.S once after getting visa which was in 2014. I stayed there with my brother & sister-in-law. I was there for almost 20 days. Currently, I am in India.

I want to go to U.S. on F1 (student visa).
    What are my chances of getting F1 visa while already having Tourist Visa?
    I am planning to apply for F1 while staying in India, and unfortunately if my visa gets denied.... Would it hurt my Tourist Visa in any condition?

Suggestions and Ideas are welcomed. Thanks

Originally posted by hsingh27 View Post
    Hello,

I already have Tourist Visa to United States for 10 years. I have been to U.S once after getting visa which was in 2014. I stayed there with my brother & sister-in-law. I was there for almost 20 days. Currently, I am in India.

I want to go to U.S. on F1 (student visa).
    What are my chances of getting F1 visa while already having Tourist Visa?
    I am planning to apply for F1 while staying in India, and unfortunately if my visa gets denied.... Would it hurt my Tourist Visa in any condition?

Suggestions and Ideas are welcomed. Thanks
    You have a brighter chances if all other documents are good and you are able to convince them that you are going for study. I was given visiting visa with my family this year April which we did not use when my admission through and i went back for student visa which I was equally given in August, I have been in usa since August. My family too went for their F2 visa this month and they are given not minding their unused visiting visa in their passport. If you have a class of visa and applying for another they will not cancel the existing one if denied except there are record of violation of immigration rules or wrong information. It is an opinion and not legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X