Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa F-1 self-employed documents help

Hello all,

My name is Sebastian. I'm originally from Poland but i've been living in the UK for the past 3 years. I have an interview for my F-1 visa scheduled on 7th of December and i have a few questions regarding the documentation that i'm required/allowed to take with me.

I'm self-employed (limited company) and i work as a self-contractor for a certain company based in London, UK. Being self-employed i'm obviously not hired by them but i do have a contract which states that my limited company provides services for them (the ltd company is just me, which makes me a director and a contractor) I'm planning on going to the U.S english language school for 3 months in April and coming back in September (given arriving 30 days earlier and departing within 60 days). I've already paid the 3 months tuition and all the other required fees. The company is okay with giving me the time off work and happy with me providing the services for them after i come back. I have a proof of the signed holiday form but i'm not sure if i should take it with me (?).

I emailed my company that i need some kind of a reference letter which states all of the above and i'm waiting for a response. I would like to know what other documents i should take with me regarding my occupation? I have my business account statements for the last 9 months along with all my payslips/invoices which prove the liquid funds and sufficient amount of money to cover all my living expenses etc.

I have been refused a B-2 visa in 2011 under 214(b) while i was still studying in Poland, i didn't complete the studies and I left my country in 2012. I live with my two brothers and my brother's wife (i'm just renting a room in his house) and i have no idea how to proof any family ties in my case as my mom and my other brother live in Poland and my sister is a U.S resident living in Chicago.

I will be incredibly grateful for any documentation ideas that may support my case!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X