Reapplying for f1 after more than 5 month leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapplying for f1 after more than 5 month leave

I had started my MBA program with Eastern Oregon University on fall 2014. After completing a semester I took a leave for winter 2015 and enrolled again for Spring 2015. But due to family issue left United States on April 29, 2015. I am planning to reenter United States after seven months with a new initial I-20 form and a new SEVIS ID after my previous SEVIS ID has been terminated. I will be continuing with the same university same program, where I left. My visa will expire in 2019.
    The International Student Adviser from my University confirmed that I do not need to apply for a visa again. Also from different websites I found that, it’s common to travel US with an old visa and new I-20 but the visa need to be valid.

So, I was wondering about my visa status, is my visa still valid to reenter United States? Or is it illegal to enter without a new visa?

Moreover, If my spouse face their interview is there probability that they might get rejected because of my current status? I am not considering other facts that might cause the denial.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X