Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing for H1-B visa before graduating and before F1-OPT expires

Hi,

I am a student and I have been on F1- OPT since May 20th 2015 which expires on May 19th, 2016. I am still taking a course with my university due to lack of GPA and I will be graduating in May of 2016. I have a full time offer with my company and they are willing to file for my H1-B in April 2016 and they want to know the possibility of any extension of my EAD after May so that they can start my H1-B filing process . My school officials say that I cannot apply for STEM extension until I have a degree certificate .

My question is that:

1. Can I apply for OPT STEM extension before graduating in May 2016. If not, What are other ways around applying to any extension of my OPT .

My husband has an I-140 approved and I would like to apply for COS from F1- H4 and then to H4-EAD before my OPT ends in May 2016.

My question is that:

Can I apply for my COS from F1 to H4 and then to H4-EAD before my F1 status end in May 2016. Also, Is there a possibility for my company to start my H1-B filing keeping my COS in view which would start after May 19th 2016 ?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X