restamping in Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restamping in Mexico

Hi I have a question regarding restamping F1 visa in mexico.
    I came to US in 2001 on F1 visa. I finished my masters in December 2003. I was on OPT from January 2004 to January 2005. I got married during my OPT period. My husband is on F1. I became dependent on him from January 2005 to July 2005 because my OPT expired. Since he had two more years to finish his program, I joined the university and came on F1 visa again in August 2005. The whole change of procedure was done in US through INS and office of international education. I have the documents of changing all my legal status. I maintained my legal status throughout my stay in US. Now I need to go to india to visit. Before I go to India, I am plannning to get my visa stamped in mexico. I am on complete assistantship and I have all the necessary documents. Could you guys suggest me whether its a RISK-FREE attempt to go to mexico for restamping. Do I need any documents from my husband (his I-20, letter of assistantship, marriage certificate). Somebody told me that I need to show embassy that why did you change to F1 and why are you restamping in mexico but not in your Beautiful country.
    any experience holders, please suggest me. I am already in my second semester. I dont want to take chances.
    thanks appreciated your help

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X