• Show
Clear All

• F1 visa tips

I want to share my experience for my F1 visa interview:

Time: 8:00 AM
    Place: US Embassy, New Delhi

After rejecting 2 F1 visa candidates before me

VO: Hi, Good Morning, How are you?
    Me: Hi, Good Morning, I am very good. How are you?

VO: Pass me your passport please
    Me: (Gave)

Vo: ( By looking at my I-20) So, why are you going to XX University?
    Me: I am going to XX University to pursue MS in Analytics

VO: Why did you choose XX university?
    Me: Because the curriculum of this program Mainly focuses upon Bigdata and Machine Learning and this is the main skills I really want to improve. Also, the projects undergoing in this university are aligned with my interest.

VO: Which Universities did you apply?
    Me: Told ( He was not interested in listening, interrupted me !!)

VO: Okay, Who is paying your fees? You Family?
    ME: Yes

VO By looking into my passport) Did you travel to US before? You already have a B1/B2 Visa
    Me: No sir, MY company applied for B1 visa but the plans of the company suddenly changed and they put me into another project for some urgent requirement.

VO: Your Visa is Approved!, you will get your passport within a week time. ..

TIPS:
    1. Remember one Golden Rule.. Visa interview is not an interrogation, its a conversation.
    2. When asked about university, always talk about its curriculum and project, ranking is less preferred.
    3. Dress like a student if you are going for F1 visa, no fancy and nor too professional.
    4. Be Honest, never Lie.
    5. They don't want to see your documents. If they are checking then it's not a positive sign.
    6. Be confident and go with a positive attitude. You will surely get you Visa.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X