Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I apply for dependant Visa(F2) or tourist Visa

Hi there,

I will be really grateful if you could help me out with the following queries.

Background

My husband has got an admit from University of Illinois Urbana Champaign for their Masters program starting August 2016. He is currently working with Siemens, India and has close to 4.5 years of work experience.

I am working with Deloitte US-India Pvt India.

My husband has got a loan approved from a bank in USA and rest amount will be sponsored by my father-in-law who is a retired Doctor in India.

Queries

1) My first query is if it is fine for me to apply for dependant Visa along with my spouse's F1 visa application. I am planning to take a 6 months sabbatical leave from my current organization and stay with him starting of next year. This way I will be able to come back to India with me once my husband finishes his course and continue with my work.

2) For the above scenario, if applying dependant visa along with his study visa(F-1) will affect his credibility at this stage. Will it make his case weaker ?

3) Shall I apply for F2 later once his F1 is approved.

4) Shall I apply for Tourist Visa at a later stage?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by hsuneja View Post
    Hi there,

I will be really grateful if you could help me out with the following queries.

Background

My husband has got an admit from University of Illinois Urbana Champaign for their Masters program starting August 2016. He is currently working with Siemens, India and has close to 4.5 years of work experience.

I am working with Deloitte US-India Pvt India.

My husband has got a loan approved from a bank in USA and rest amount will be sponsored by my father-in-law who is a retired Doctor in India.

Queries

1) My first query is if it is fine for me to apply for dependant Visa along with my spouse's F1 visa application. I am planning to take a 6 months sabbatical leave from my current organization and stay with him starting of next year. This way I will be able to come back to India with me once my husband finishes his course and continue with my work.

2) For the above scenario, if applying dependant visa along with his study visa(F-1) will affect his credibility at this stage. Will it make his case weaker ?

3) Shall I apply for F2 later once his F1 is approved.

4) Shall I apply for Tourist Visa at a later stage?

Thanks in advance.

Its quite urgent!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X