Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Administrative Processing for F1 Visa

Hi all,

So I live in Doha and recently got admitted into a masters program in the US in middle eastern studies. I received my I-20 and went to the US embassy on June 12th Sunday for my visa appointment. The consular asked me one question and then said the visa was approved and to come back today on Tuesday to pick it up.

I go today and the embassy says it is not ready yet, we will text you when it is done and you can bring back your passport and stamp it. They did not give me any slip or document. I checked online and it says I am under "administrative processing". Is this just normal bureaucratic processing or is it a cause of concern?

Why would they take longer than usual especially since I hold a tourist visa to the US for 5 years, meaning I already have legal entry.

If anyone has had a similar situation, I'd appreciate feedback.

Thanks!

Administrative processing is a routine things.

They do that for some people, in case your name matches in their database or some other reason.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post

They do that for some people, in case your name matches in their database or some other reason.
      Thanks! Is it true it can take up to a year? I'm worried.

Comment

No time limit; AP is open ended.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post

Is it true if the date on the "status" part of the admin processing has not changed it means no one is working on the case or is that a myth?

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X