Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 Visa status temination, question

Hello,

So I am a student at a college in the US, but unfortunately my status got terminated for poor academic performance in one of my semesters, I was bellow 12 credits. My school has refused to allow me for reinstatement.
    I found another school and applied for it in another engineering major I am more interested in and I am sure to succeed at. They are going to send me a new I-20.

What I understood is that I have to leave the US and come back again with this new I-20. In order to work out this immigration problem. my visa in Valid through 2018.
    Do I have to pay for the SEVIS again and how much does it cost?
    What is the best option to do right now? is it possible to go to Mexico and come back from the border since it might be the cheapest? or do I have to go back all the way to my home country and come back with more than $1k ticket ..
    Is there a specific time to do this whole thing or can I go and come back at the same day ?

My school starts next month and I am expecting my new I-20 to be received next week.. I want to know what's the quickest and best option I have..

Thank you for reading looking forward to hearing something from you guys,

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X