Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Visa Appointment Before I20 Issuance

Hi Everyone

please help me with the below query if anyone would have ever faced this same situation.

My wife is in USA on H4 and she needs to be back on F1 for the Spring Semester in Jan 2017. We are travelling for a short vacation to India in Oct end. Since F1 must be stamped withing 120 days window prior to the course start date on F1, the college would give me I20 by Sep 18 2016 so that i can be back on F1 in USA by Jan 17th.

My question is, without the issuance of I20 from the college, would i be able to book my date with the embassy now? (i would pay the SEVIS fee and all others rules) . At any point during the scheduling of visa interview for F1, would be in need of the I20 number or something that i cant get until Sep 18th 2016 ? As we all know that dates for an interview is a real concern so i am trying to avoid any kind of delay in appointment by booking it upfront if possible and be in states before my course starts on Jan 17 2017. I hope i did not confuse any one with my questions above.

Summary - Can i apply for F1 visa, book appointment at the embassy even before the college has issued me an I20 ? College will issue me I20 in September, but i fear while i wait all this while for I20, i may get a date later than Jan 17th at the embassy for the F1 visa interview. Please assist.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X