F-1 VISA denied twice under 214(b)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 VISA denied twice under 214(b)

Myself, Preety Sharma, a resident of Rajasthan, had applied for student visa(F-1) in the course MS in Business Analytics and Statistics in Saint Joseph's University, USA. I have been rejected twice under the sections 214(b). My brother, who did his PhD from US, is now a green card holder there and I have visited him twice in the last one and a half year. My last stay in US was around 5 months, from August 2015 to January 2016. In my first attempt (May 2, 2016), I had shown my brother as the sponsor, and I was rejected visa under strong ties with US rather than my home country. After that, I modified my circumstances, applied for an education loan and again reapplied on 16 June 2016. This time around I was asked to explain my long stay at US. An impromptu question, I Although managed to give them an explanation that I was there on travel purpose, staying with my brother. But I believe the visa officer wasn't satisfied. And I was again rejected visa. Now, I have applied twice already in the last 2 months for student visa. I have talked to the university and postponed my admission with springs 2017. But Is it advisable to go for a third attempt now?
    Kindly share your views with this case, I will be really thankful.
    I sincerely hope this isn't too bad a case.

Originally posted by preetsh View Post
    . But Is it advisable to go for a third attempt now?
    Nope.

To a CO, three attempts within a short span makes you look desperate for a US visa, considering you've visited twice, including a 5-month stay. Sounds like your ties to India are pretty much non-existent.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
      Nope.

To a CO, three attempts within a short span makes you look desperate for a US visa, considering you've visited twice, including a 5-month stay. Sounds like your ties to India are pretty much non-existent.
      "Well 5-month stay was an unplanned stay, was originally of 3 months but due to circumstances it extended with 2 more months. Plus my last Visa interview (2nd attempt) was in June, and now I am thinking to take another one in December (6 months approx. difference), will it still considered as "within a short span"?"
      Last edited by preetsh; 09-12-2016, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by preetsh View Post
        Myself, Preety Sharma, a resident of Rajasthan, had applied for student visa(F-1) in the course MS in Business Analytics and Statistics in Saint Joseph's University, USA. I have been rejected twice under the sections 214(b). My brother, who did his PhD from US, is now a green card holder there and I have visited him twice in the last one and a half year. My last stay in US was around 5 months, from August 2015 to January 2016. In my first attempt (May 2, 2016), I had shown my brother as the sponsor, and I was rejected visa under strong ties with US rather than my home country. After that, I modified my circumstances, applied for an education loan and again reapplied on 16 June 2016. This time around I was asked to explain my long stay at US. An impromptu question, I Although managed to give them an explanation that I was there on travel purpose, staying with my brother. But I believe the visa officer wasn't satisfied. And I was again rejected visa. Now, I have applied twice already in the last 2 months for student visa. I have talked to the university and postponed my admission with springs 2017. But Is it advisable to go for a third attempt now?
        Kindly share your views with this case, I will be really thankful.
        I sincerely hope this isn't too bad a case.

Contact me

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X