Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa renewal - Approved by interviewer but admin processing

Hi,

I had an interview at the US consulate in Paris on the 3rd of January. I was here to renew my F-1 Visa.
    The interviewer asked me a few questions and then told me that everything was in order and I would get my visa in the mail in a few days.

It's been 6 business days already and my visa status hasn't changed since the 3rd and it is in Administrative Processing.

I have school starting soon and I had to move my flight dates, since I do not have my passport.

I tried contacting the embassy but I am still waiting for an answer. (They said they will reply within 2 to 5 business days)

Would it be possible to go there and ask instead, in order to get a faster response?

Thank you!

Hi there,

I'm also experiencing the same issue. I did my interview to extend my student visa on January 5th and the official only asked few simple questions. She said December is a busy season where most students come home to their country and extend their visa during the time so she told me to e-mail the embassy if within a week my visa is not ready. I wasn't given any slip, but only a white slip that says congratulations your visa is approved, along with the next steps on what to do.

It's been 9 days now, with no status update, whenever I check, the system on ustraveldocs says the update is no available, and on CEAC is administrative processing since January 5th and haven't changed since. I've browsed a lot of forums and read immigration posts but the results are varies. I have my flight in three days and it seems like i have to extend my stay for a couple weeks, really worried right now that I will be missing a whole semester because of this.

For, whoever is experience the same issue, please update in the following format. It would be really helpful!

Interview: 01/05/2017
    Issued: -

Thanks!

Comment

Update

Hi,

I finally got an update today.

Interview date : 1/3
      Processing dates: 1/3, 1/17, 1/19, 1/24,1/25
      Issued date: 1/26

I hope you will get an update soon.
      Thank you.