Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 visa out of status- any problem on return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa out of status- any problem on return?

I was supposed to graduate in fall 2016, but my gpa fell below 3.0 because of medical reasons. I failed to notify in timely manner. Later I applied for re-reinstatement. Something strange happened then and I was informed that A manual entry had cancelled my request and a decision wasn’t made yet.

Later, I applied for leave of absence for a semester and canceled my request. Also I successfully applied for retroactive withdrawal from last two semesters. I will be getting a new I-20 when I resume education.

My question is, will it cause any issues on my return? Have I accrued out of status days as the decision was still not made on re-reinstatement? Can/should I apply for a new F-1 visa?

You should apply for a new F-1

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      You should apply for a new F-1
      Can you clarify if I can apply for a new F-1 if my F-1 is valid?

Comment

Visa and validity of status are two different things. If you were within the the US a change of status would do the job. When you leave the US and if the underlying I-2- in Sevis were cancelled even if your F1 visa stamp is valid, you do not have entry rights. You will need your school's DSO to help out here and change the information in the SEVIS system before your visit to the US embassy will be successful. If you go to the US without doing this and they send you back by cancelling your F1 status "with prejudice" you will face a lot of problems going to the US under any visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X