Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling internationally while on OPT

Hello,
    Me and my wife are travelling abroad next week. I am GC and she is on OPT, GC application pending and currently have a job. Trying to see if there is any problems you have heard for her to come back?
    Thanks in advance.

Abey

Did she apply for, and was she granted advance parole?

Comment

She will need a stamp in the passport under 1 year and have proof of a job when she enters. During OPT the denial happens only if the person entering the US does not have a job in hand. His status does not give any immigration benefits until her family sponsorship date becomes current.

Comment

hi
        A valid passport with unexpired F-1 visa stamp
        OPT or STEM OPT I-20 Form I-20, signed on the bottom of page 2 by an International Student Advisor at Berkeley International Office within the preceding 6 months
        I-797c Notice of Action Receipt from USCIS
        Employment Offer (recommended)

Thanks

MAGNETIC SCIENCE FUN
        Last edited by Antonise; 03-29-2017, 09:50 AM. Reason: website posted

Comment

What do you mean "GC application pending"? She will likely be denied entry if she tries to enter on an F-1 visa if she has filed AOS or plan to file AOS in the future, or even just because her spouse is a permanent resident who is expected to be living permanently in the US. If she has a pending I-485, then her I-485 will be automatically abandoned unless she has received Advance Parole prior to leaving; and she must re-enter the US on the AP.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X