Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f1 visa

Hi all new here!

I am applying for my F1 student visa to study a masters in the USA this fall. I am in my mid 20's. I am going to be open and honest here, and in my interview of course! My interview is this coming Monday and therefore I'm worried and nervous as heck! I have a few questions to ask. Will give a short summary first, apologies for the long post in advance.

SHORT SUMMARY: I have a USC girlfriend, I will live with her. This is just a bonus as the course is perfect for me. Girlfriend does PhD. Upon completion she will pursue Post Doc/work in UK, I'll go back and work in UK. Only have family ties and a car. Got a scholarship from university I will attend. Funding all covered.

My main worry is this, I have a USC girlfriend, and the plan is to study at the school nearby to where she lives, which offers the perfect course for me to advance in my career. I have always wanted to pursue an education in the USA and now I finally have the chance, I am excited! Living with the girlfriend is just an added bonus and will be a great experience, not a means to an end, and makes the living costs a lot cheaper. I obviously have visited a few times in the few years we have been together. Is this an issue that will be questioned by the CO? I know the visa is nonimmigrant, and I have no intention of breaking the visa rules whatsoever. She is doing her PhD (biomedical student) at a different school in the city, and will pursue a post doc / job in the UK. She will finish up around the time my course ends. Is this going to raise questions/cause issues should the CO find this out?

I have my I20, and have all my documents ready. The school are giving me a scholarship which pays for 1/3 of my fees. Will this help my case in the interview if I present my scholarship letter? The other 2/3's of my fees will be in the form of a loan from my grandparents, who I shall pay back when I come back home and get a job. My own money will be for living costs and insurances, etc. My issue is my ties to home country? I have a very close knit family (All living within 30 mins of each other) who I could never leave behind for too long, 2 years will do me! I will be keeping my car in my grandparents garage, but those are my only ties? What else can help my proof of ties side of the interview?

I have read online that interviews for low risk countries such as ours don't usually get grilled too much and are given chances to explain situations. Is this true?

Any final advice for me in advance? Anything else I should take along with me to the embassy? I am so nervous!

Thanks in advance,

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X