Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 Visa Renewal - Rejected

Hello all,

I am a continuing student at a State University in the US. I came back to work to my home country for summer to spend time with my family. Since my current visa expires on June 27th, I thought about renewing it beforehand although my Fall semester doesn't start till late August.

I got an interview with US embassy earlier this month. I thought the interview went well and at the end of the interview, the consular officer told me that my visa has been approved and told me to collect my passport after 3 days.

However, when I went to collect my visa I found a form that said my visa application has been rejected under section 214-b. I was very shocked to see it since the consular officer had previously told me that my visa application has been approved.

I don't know why my application was rejected, especially because I have no bad records to my name either in home country or in the US. Moreover, I have never violated any F-1 visa laws and I am a continuing student without any break of studies.

So, i was hoping someone with experience in these matters could tell me what additional documents I can show to the consular officer next time to boost my chances of getting a visa.

Also, since my older F-1 visa is valid till June 27th so would I be able to travel to US with that, even though my recent F-1 visa renewal application was rejected?

Would highly appreciate if someone could answer my concerns. Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X