Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about changing status from H4 to F1

Hi everyone,

About changing my status from H4 to F1, what is the best option? Could anyone give me some professional suggestions?
    I am on H4 visa now and will receive my I-20 from a university at the end of November. Now I have two options:1) submit the COS from H4 to F1 or 2) go back to my country and apply for F1 visa there. For the first choice, if my school starts while my COS is still under procession, what am I gonna do? For the second choice, as far as I know that it is very possible that my F1 visa will be rejected because my previous H4 visa has already demonstrated my intention of immigration. What is your opinion?

Your time will be highly appreciated!

Originally posted by yang3220 View Post
    Hi everyone,

About changing my status from H4 to F1, what is the best option? Could anyone give me some professional suggestions?
    I am on H4 visa now and will receive my I-20 from a university at the end of November. Now I have two options:1) submit the COS from H4 to F1 or 2) go back to my country and apply for F1 visa there. For the first choice, if my school starts while my COS is still under procession, what am I gonna do? For the second choice, as far as I know that it is very possible that my F1 visa will be rejected because my previous H4 visa has already demonstrated my intention of immigration. What is your opinion?

Your time will be highly appreciated!
    Since you already have H4 visa, I suggest you go to home country for visa interview. Even if you don't get through it, you'll still have H4 to come back. Change of status takes a lot of time. sometime over an year.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X