Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPT STEM Extension with Professional Employer Organization (PEO)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT STEM Extension with Professional Employer Organization (PEO)

Hi,

I need to get my OPT STEM extension done. I work in a small company (A) which is not e-verified. However, it utilizes the services of a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) (company B) for HR/ Payroll related activities and is my co-employer. This company is e-verified and had performed e-verification for me. Now I am filling the OPT application. In my OPT, I have said company A as my employer. In form-983 too, I have said company A as my employer.

However, in form-765, I have to list the e-verify employer name and number, which is company B. Is it okay to have different employers in different forms? I can attach a letter stating that company B is a co-employer and company A is its client for HR activities. I cannot fill company B as the employer in form-983 as it does not work in STEM domain, and I do not deal with for any task other than paychecks.

Any guidance is highly appreciated!

Regards,
    Kassy

Any updates?

Hi Kassy,

I'm in exactly the same situation. Did you list company A or company B?

Thank you!

Comment

Same issue

Can anyone who faced this issue, please help. How did you face this situation? Is mentioning below two points sufficient for extension request? 1. Company B and it's e-verify number 2. Company B's relationship with Company A

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X