X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD replacement

Hello all,
    here is my timeline.
    10th April, 2017 - Received I-797 receipt for initial post-completion OPT.
    22nd June, 2017 - Received my card with an error in the expiration date. The date should have been from 6th July, 2017 to 5th July, 2018. But the dates were 6th July, 2017 to 4th October, 2017. I was surprised so I went through my application, and got to know that my I-20 had the same incorrect dates (6th July, 2017 to 4th October, 2017). I contacted my Designated School Official after this, and she told me to wait and see if she can generate a new I-20 for me with corrected dates. But she was not able to do it due to SEVIS data fixing problem. She recommended me to file for a replacement and I also contacted USCIS, and they told me to file for a replacement. The reason she told me to file for a replacement was if USCIS generates a Request For Evidence, then she would be able to generate a new I-20 for me.
    18th July, 2017 - I sent my new I-765 application for replacement with my incorrect EAD, letter from my DSO and me describing the problem.
    Today it has been almost 96 days and I am still waiting for any change in my status whether it would be a rejection/approval/RFE. Can anyone tell me that is there a probability that I would be rejected?

Most likely it has been off track. What happened to me is that I received my EAD last April and because it had an error I sent it back to USCIS. After that, I waited for more than 4 months without any update although I had made many e-services, called USCIS many times, went to USCIS center. After this waiting time, unfortunately it came to me with the same error, so I did sent it again last month and it took just less than one month for the corrected card to be issued.
    Have you received a receipt when you returned the card? if no, when contact USCIS do they tell you that they received your retuned documents? I recommend you to call USCIS and ask them to make a e-service on your behalf. At the same time it is a good idea to contact ombudsman who could be helpful when cases get stuck

Comment

Yes I received the notice on 25th July 2017 and after that I did not get any reply. I am still waiting for a reply from them.
      Last edited by ksb2405; 10-26-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X