Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redo f-1 visa

Hi,
    I am an international student and I have some problem with my F-1. In 2015 I have obtained my F-1. visa and when I finished I applied for an OPT. When my OPT expired I return to my home country and I have reentry with an ESTA. I decided to apply again at the college and I was accepted. I received a new I-20 from school but they told to double check if I need a new F-1 since I was not enrolled in any College more than 5 months (my OPT expired in July 2017 and I am going to come back in the USA in January). I will return to the USA as a student in January but I need to know if I need to apply for a new F-1 Visa even though it will expire in 2020. It is almost impossible to receive information from American embassies because the telephone numbers provided on the website don't have any representative to speak with. I hope someone could help me....

You should be able to apply for Change of Status with USCIS, or you could depart and return (using the F-1 visa) at a port of entry. The latter option is quicker, easier, less painful, and often cheaper if you are already near the Canadian or Mexican border. Be prepared to present all supporting documentation (including proof of financial support) to CBP at the port of entry.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X