Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the middle of K-1 application, need to switch to student visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the middle of K-1 application, need to switch to student visa?

Hi everyone, my fiance (Chinese) and I began the K-1 visa application a few months ago and are expecting a decision from the Vermont center in a month or so. However, she just recently received word of an opportunity to study at a university in the US beginning this September (for various reasons she was originally planning on applying to begin study at an American institution in the fall of 2007, but this opportunity is too good to pass up). If she is accepted, she will need to apply for a student visa as the K-1 won't come through in time. This makes us really nervous, as from what we understand one of the biggest reasons that people are rejected for student visas is that they cannot prove non-immigrant intent. Will the fact that we have already begun the K-1 application negatively affect her student visa application? If so, what would be the best way to counteract that? Would we need to cancel the K-1 application before beginning the process of applying for her student visa? Has anyone on this forum been through a similar situation? I appreciate any help anyone can give me, as we are really nervous about the possibility of her getting rejected for her student visa.

Thanks a lot!
    Josh

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X