Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Extension

Hi Friends,

I am currently working under OPT(F-1 status) . When I started working for my current employer they are not e-verified .However they got e-verified recently.
    My post completion OPT is about to end and I wanted to apply for the OPT Extension.

Before I apply for the OPT Extension I want to confirm whether my employer needs to register me in the E-verify system.

From what I read online it seems that there is no need to register existing employees.

Can someone kindly confirm ?

I am unable to find any definite answer to this question anywhere online.

Appreciate your help guys !

thanks

E-verify employee is necessary and well u have to fill out the I983 with every number if ur not needed mostly in the list if u made it in the list u would be good. but generating I20 only needs ur employers everify number and u would be fine with or without it as long as ur in required extension procedure.
    Not a Legal Advice, Just a suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by palkodi View Post
      E-verify employee is necessary and well u have to fill out the I983 with every number if ur not needed mostly in the list if u made it in the list u would be good. but generating I20 only needs ur employers everify number and u would be fine with or without it as long as ur in required extension procedure.
      Thanks Mr.Palkodi for the reply . My employer is e-verified and I have the e-verification number. But my question is does my employer need to enroll me in the e-verify system before I apply for the OPT extension ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X