Probability of F2 visa attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probability of F2 visa attempt

Hello, I'm currently doing my Masters(F1 status) in US and will graduate on May 2018 and will have OPT for an year(non-STEM). Currently I don't have CPT, but want to bring my spouse and child in F2 visa. I'm preparing the required documents ( such as I20, financial statements etc) for my dependents. Currently, my spouse is working and would avail long leave if she travels in F2.

Financially, I'm showing my bank education loan, sufficient bank balance (quoted in I20) and other documents such as CA statement on real estate property and Fixed deposits.

What is the probability of this F2 visa attempt succeeding? I have raised this query because some of my friends are advising that F2 visas have more rejection rate and so bringing spouse in B2 is advisable. And later, can apply for F2 or H4(when I get H1).

Please let me know if you require further information.

Thanks in advance for the response.

Probability of F2 visa attempt

As with any visa (B2, F2) you have to convince the interviewing officer that your intend is not to immigrate. These officers act based on their discretion. Since your status is F1, I would suggest that you go the F2 route.

Not legal advice, use at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Amember. Yes, convincing the VO that we are not intended to immigrate during the interview is the basic condition.

We would be showing that my spouse is on long leave and she will take up the job coming back to India. Real estate documents and bank loans are other liability to show that we will return back to India.

Originally posted by Amember View Post
      As with any visa (B2, F2) you have to convince the interviewing officer that your intend is not to immigrate. These officers act based on their discretion. Since your status is F1, I would suggest that you go the F2 route.

Not legal advice, use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X