Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents for obtaining F2 Dependent Visa

Hello,

Lots of places/websites have lots of different information on what all documents needed for obtaining a F2 dependent visa. Currently I hold F1 visa which has validity till June 2018, but I do have work authorization till May 2019. So I wanted to bring my spouse to USA with a F2 visa before my H-1B filing. I have already contacted my school and obtained the I-20 for the dependent.

But now, I wanted to make sure what all documents my spouse needs to carry for the visa interview?

Also please let me know how much money/funds do I need to have at the visa interview? For obtaining dependent I-20, I need to have more than $7000. But I am wondering this amount might be on lower side when it comes to visa interview.

Thanks,
    Ram

1. Read https://www.immihelp.com/f2-visa-stamping-documents/
    2. You need enough money to take care of the living expenses of F2 holder.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      1. Read https://www.immihelp.com/f2-visa-stamping-documents/
      2. You need enough money to take care of the living expenses of F2 holder.
      Hi Immihelp,

Even after going through the link, I still have no clarity on what all documents required for the visa interview.
      Could you please give me easy-to-understand list of docs. If you could specify the procedure for applying the visa, that would be great.

Also when you mention enough money, can you please specify an approximate amount?

I appreciate your time.

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X